So this was a fun way to show off an app from a company called Ubi Interactive that turns any surface into a touchscreen as long as you have the following -
- a projector
- a Kinect for Windows sensor
- a Windows 8 PC
- the app from Ubi, which you can order here
That’s seriously all you need. In fact, I tried to use as ridiculous a setup as I could to see just how flexible it was in terms of getting it to work. So this was the setup -
- a projector I bought on EBay sitting on a folding table
- a case of root beer and the box the Kinect came in for the Kinect to stand on
- a wall above my living room sofa that I simply took a picture off of to use
Stunningly, even this jury-rigged setup worked phenomenally well. Other than me getting a little too anxious when I tapped through a couple screens, it worked exactly as they claimed it would. I took some video of me working through both the Datazen Windows 8 App by ComponentArt, along with a LightSwitch Sharepoint App pointing to SAP data through NetWeaver Gateway.
I posted a video with my neatly propped up Nokia 920 Windows Phone to show the one minute of footage where I didn’t knock anything over or fall off the side of the couch. Enjoy!